Sunday, November 22, 2015

LAMI - Week 6

Suva North Zone
Week 6 in Lami Finished! 

Another week come and gone as a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints! My mission is on the up and up! Every week just gets better and better! This week was a blast, I have no idea what to share about! I'll start off with a pretty embarrassing story.... Warning: If you find flatulence offensive, I advice you skip this next paragraph.

So Thursday we had exchanges. It's where our Zone Leaders come and we swap companions for a day. My companion went to another area while I led one of the Zone Leaders around my area. At the end of the day, we went to our dinner appointment. After the dinner, we wanted to share a quick lesson with the family about the temple. The temple here in Fiji is being re-dedicated in February, and everyone is getting SO excited here. They're going to have a cultural celebration in the biggest stadium in Fiji. It's gonna be AWESOME. Anyways, the lesson went really good. As we were wrapping up, my companion started to bear his testimony. Then all of the sudden... You can guess. I have no idea what happened. It all happened so fast. I didn't see (or feel) it coming. At first I thought nobody heard it and that I was in the clear. But then I noticed one of the kids communicate with his mom. In Fiji they have an unspoken language, using only facial expressions. The mom looked at her kid, and then looked at me with wide eyes. Then everyone started to smile. I looked over at my companion, and he started smirking. He then said, "I testify that my companion just farted."  Gosh, it took us like 5 full minutes to stop laughing. I was so embarrassed. Let's just say the spirit wasn't exactly in the room anymore. Haha.

So this week we also had Zone conference, where all the missionaries in the zone meet at the mission home and the Mission President teaches us. It happens like 3 times a year. It was cool! He talked a lot about the temple. It's going to be SO exciting. If you guys get the chance, find a way to watch it. It'll basically be like the opening ceremony of the Olympics. Way cool. They haven't told us how, but they said that us missionaries are going to be doing something in it near the end.... So I'm getting so stoked! Also, he told us that they're opening up a new island for a pair of missionaries to go to in December. It's called Rotuma, they have their own language and everything. Who knows, maybe I'll serve there one day. :)

We also have a baptism this coming Saturday! I'm SO excited. It's a lady and 2 of her kids. They are the best! I'll tell you about it and send pictures next week. I'm stoked!!

Ok, so this week during church, a white guy from Logan, Utah that's working on the temple bore his testimony in church. It was really cool and I want to share something he said. He talked about being Holy. To REMEMBER and HONOR the things that are holy. These are the things that are called holy in the Bible:
-Holy bodies
-Holy scriptures
-Holy Ghost
-Holy Temple
-Holy Priesthood
-the Holy Order of Matrimony

This was a good reminder for me. There are some things that Heavenly Father has given us that we must treat with honor and holiness. My favorite is the Holy Order of Matrimony. Because of what happens in the temple, I can be with my future wife for time and all eternity. Not only that, but I can be with ALL that I love and am sealed to for time and all eternity. I love my family more than anything in this world, and am so grateful for the knowledge that I have that I can be with them forever.

I love being a missionary. I have amazing experiences every single day. I learn and learn and learn. I love this gospel so much. Thank you everyone for the emails and well-wishes! It means so much to me! I love you all so much. Until next week. Keep on keepin' on! Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Miller
A view from the top of a village called Kalekana 
The 10 Commandments and Joseph Smith's First Vision in Fijian
A typical Fijian house. This is a village called Wailekutu
Wailekutu
My attire when I'm not wearing missionary clothes 
Haha, Beats headphones being sold for $53 Fijian, which is about $26 American


No comments:

Post a Comment