Sunday, September 18, 2016

KADAVU - Week 10



Bula Vinaka!
Hey everyone! Sorry that I didn't get an email to the blog last week, we got on the computers, then all the power went out in the village! But life is great!!

Like my subject suggests, this week was kind of a tough one! Each day has been kind of a grind. Which is good! I feel so good at the end of the day knowing that we gave our all. We have a saying in our mission that we need to "Earn our pillow" each day. It is SO much softer when you've truly earned it.

Aside from the fact that the days feel long and the work is a little slow, life is truly great! I love every second of my mission. My companion and I are best buds. Before his mission he lived and breathed rugby. But I've been trying to convince him to come to school in Utah and he's actually really looking into it! He wants to try to play football! So if you see a receiver playing for BYU in the coming years named David Lene, and he catches the game-winning touchdown, you can thank me. ;) This week we spent a lot of time with less-actives this week, and a few came to church! It made us way happy.

For a spiritual thought this week I'd just like to share about charity. I would really recommend you guys read 1 Corinthians 13. It is pretty straightforward about the importance of charity. I love it. As we are all trying to become more like Christ, I would say that this is the #1, defining characteristic of Christ. So take a self-evaluation at how much charity you have for others. If it's lacking a little, try your best to love and serve others! If it's not lacking... Love even more! We have the Lord's promise that as we are serving others, we are only in His service. And boy, I'll tell you. It feels really really good to be in the His service. So just turn outwards and love!

Alright, thanks for all the emails! I'm sorry if my emails are boring!! If you have any questions or anything, feel free to email me personally! I love all of you! Thanks for tuning in! As always, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller



{Packages from home!  Yay!}
{Nice haircut Elder Miller}





No comments:

Post a Comment