Tuesday, July 25, 2017

LAST WEEK, SUVA - Week 11

All Good Things Come to an End...
Bula vinaka everyone!!
My very last letter home!

Man.... My emotions are indescribable right now. A mixture of excitement, anxiety, sadness, courage.... it goes on and on. I am so very grateful for these 2 years that I've had to serve my Lord in the beautiful islands of Fiji. 

My homecoming address is this coming Sunday, the 30th at 9 a.m. The address is 165 Monarch Drive, Bountiful Ut. 84010. I'd love to see you all! Afterwards we will have refreshments at our house at 3773 S 250 W . All are invited!

I am grateful for the beautiful, humble, sincere people of the islands. This is a God-loving country. Only ONCE my entire time here did I meet a Fijian that didn't believe in Jesus Christ. These people live in humble circumstances, yet give SO much. They love to joke around, feed you, show you the ways of the islander. They respect the Elders like kings. Whenever we sat down to eat, we ALWAYS sat at the "top" of the table, where the honored guests sit. I will forever love the island people, especially the islanders of "Viti".

I am also grateful for all of you, my family and friends. Your emails and packages always bring a bit of skip to my step! I could literally feel your prayers and thoughts on my behalf, they pushed me forward. I love you all!

I'm grateful for all my mission friends that I have made while out here. There's a special bond you create when you are engaged in the Lord's work. I have made friends for life that I will never forget. 

Most of all, I'm grateful for our Savior. Over these 2 years, He has shaped me, molded me into something new. Though I still have much to do and learn, my mission has taught me how to have a real, close relationship with my Redeemer. The many hours walking, knocking on doors, studying, sharing the gospel, and inviting all to come unto Christ have changed my life. This time will be held precious to me for my entire life. 

I KNOW that the He lives. I know that He is our Savior, and that He has payed the price for our sins. I know that He leads this Church, the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. I know that He loves me, and all of us. If we but come unto Him and give our whole souls unto Him, He will show you a happiness and peace that you never thought possible. No power on the entire earth can convince me otherwise. He is real. I will devote my life to His service, just as I have devoted these 2 years. 

Now I take a new step in life. I'm excited to see what else the Lord has in store! If it's anything like these past 2 years.... I'm in for an amazing ride! I love you all. Thank you again for your support! See you soon! Keep on keepin' on.... until we reach the eternities!
Au lomani kemuni kece!
Sota tale!


-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller

{Some of our favorite photos.....} 











































1 comment:

  1. Ahhhh Jax!! I'm freaking out to see you TONIGHT!!!! Andrew just left on his mission, it's sad that he left right before you got back. But, it's only 24 fast sundays until he's back!

    ReplyDelete