Thursday, July 13, 2017

SUVA - Week 9

New Mission President!
Bula Vinaka Everyone!
Well, time is still blowing by! It's been a great week. This week we had Zone Conference with the new Mission President! HE'S AWESOME! Haha, I already love President & Sister Higgins. You can feel their excitement to serve the Lord and to meet all of us. It's been a great week! Also, shout out to Aunt Melissa! I'm so excited to meet little Evelyn!!!!

Our Zone Conference was on Tuesday. It lasted most of the day. It was great! Elder Roberts and I had to give a training that welcomed President & Sister Higgins to the zone, so that was fun! We all introduced ourselves to them. It was a way fun and uplifting zone conference! They definitely have the "Greenie Fire" as we call it. It comes with all new missionaries coming in, they just have an excitement and fire to kill the work! I love it. They radiate love, excitement, and hard work. They are definitely called and chosen specifically for this mission, and for us missionaries. I love them!

This week we had a cool experience knocking on doors! We've been doing a LOT of finding every week. One day we knocked on a door and a lady looked through the door. She was VERY surprised to see us (pretty common.... I'm a "kai valagi" or white person). She told us to please come in and sit down. She then later explained that she is a very religious person and loves to learn about different faiths. She said that she knows lots of the beliefs of most religions, but has never had the chance to learn about the LDS church. She said she was always impressed that young adults would leave their homes so young to come preach the gospel. She always wanted to talk to them, but felt too shy to stop them when she saw them on the street. So she was very excited to see us on her doorstep! After a very spiritual lesson with her about Joseph Smith and the Restoration, she began to get emotional. She told us that she "feels something inside" every time we talk to her. We invited her to be baptized, and she said YES! So she's reading the Book of Mormon and praying about it. She's such a sweet lady and so sincere. The Lord is truly preparing the hearts of people before our way!

This week I've been studying a lot about the Priesthood. Man, it is a lot deeper topic than I ever imagined! I love it. To think that we have the true power of God on Earth today... It's amazing. The church is so organized. A really good chapter on this is D&C Chapter 107. How could a boy with very little schooling come up with any of this?? It is the Lord's church. He leads it, and gives authority to his chosen servants on earth. I know this without a doubt. I love this gospel!

Thanks for tuning in again this week! That's about it for me! I love you all! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni kece!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller
(YES! That's my Mission President and his wife with my parents and littlest brothers! They got to meet him the night before they went into the MTC when the President stayed with friends up the street from my house!)


No comments:

Post a Comment