Friday, September 11, 2015

MTC - Week 4

Week 4 down - Bula vinaka!

Holy cow, do I have a lot to tell you guys. This week was SO busy.

First of all, being called as a Zone Leader has been SO fun for me. We got to escort the new International Missionaries around all day on Tuesday. That was a BLAST. And get this: One of the new missionaries in our Zone is from Fiji! I think she got SO sick of me by the end of the day, cuz I would constantly try to talk to her in my broken Fijian. It was awesome to talk with a real Fijian though! The calling has definitely made me 10 times more busy here, but it's so worth it. It's so fun!

Second of all, I got my flight plans today!! It is soooo exciting! I leave at 7:30 pm on Monday, Sep. 21st and arrive in Fiji at 5:50 am on the 23rd. A long time flying, but I couldn't be more excited!

Ok, lastly I want to tell you guys a story of the mercy of the Lord, and how I know he has a specific plan for me.

It started on thursday morning (yesterday). After breakfast I got to class, and started to notice that my stomach was hurting really bad. So I lasted until the end of class, and went back to the residence. I took some Pepto Bismol and tried to take a nap. But the Pepto did absolutely NOTHING. I was laying in my bed, writhing in pain. So my companion gave me a blessing. As soon as he finished, he looked at me and told me he was going to take me to the Doctor. So I get to the Doctor's office at the MTC, and they tell me they're full. So they send me to BYU Urgent care just down the street. After they do some tests on me, they have no idea what's wrong with me. They were worried that it was a Gall Bladder attack. So they sent me to the ER a few blocks away. Of course, right when I get to the ER, the pain goes away. So the ER does an ultrasound on me anyways, and finds nothing. They told me it could be the beginning of Appendicitis, but that I should just wait it out and see what happens. So after spending 8 hours in various hospital rooms, they just sent me home and told me good luck. 

So I got home, and took some Advil. I was knocked out in about half an hour. But at about 1 o'clock in the morning I woke up to the most excruciating pain I've ever felt. My whole body was shaking, I was vomiting, and I had a fever of 104. So the paramedics came. After calming me down, they sent me in an MTC shuttle straight to the ER. When I got there, the Doctor said he was sure I had Appendicitis, and that I was going to need surgery that would put me out for about 6 weeks. My heart sank. That would mean no Fiji for a month and a half. But the Lord had other plans. Right before my surgery, the Doctor decided to give me a CT Scan real quick. It was a last-second decision. When I came out of the CT Scan, I sat waiting for like an hour for the results. FINALLY the Doc came in and told me some really good news. It was not Appendicitis. I have a Viral infection in the Lymph Nodes and tissue surrounding my Appendix and it did not require surgery!

I'll still be out all weekend, and my companion needs to wheel me around in a wheelchair. But I will most likely be able to go to Fiji on time! As soon as I got those results I was SOO happy. I know the Lord has a plan for me. I know He needs me to go to the beautiful islands of Fiji and share the gospel. I know that this gospel of Jesus Christ is true. I feel it each and every day. I love being a Missionary!!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller


  1. Bula Elder miller, this is elder cobabes family, we have been following your blog as you have given insight into what our boys last six weeks have been like. :) I just wanted to wish you a quick recovery and let you know we are praying for you. Elder Cobabe speaks very highly of you and your example. Keep up the good work, Cobabe fam

    1. Thank you! Cobabes family! We have felt your prayers and appreciate you reaching out. We feel so blessed that Jaxson is on the road to recovery and that he was surrounded by such amazing Elders - like Elder Cobabes! We will pray for your Elder and for your family as well. Best to you and to your next 2 years! with love, The Millers