Saturday, September 19, 2015

Hospital - 5 total days



                                              Bula Vinaka from the Hospital! 

Well, week 5 down and I got some bad news. As you know, my flight plans came last week and I'm supposed to leave on this coming Monday, in 2 days. Unfortunately there has been a change of plans. I had one last doctor checkup this last Wednesday because they wanted to make sure everything was all good before I left. Well, as it turns out, they're not. I went in for a CT scan Thursday morning and I had a ruptured appendix. So I had to get surgery. I got surgery later that afternoon and have been recovering in a hospital bed since. It's been a little rough!

The Doctor has told me that he thinks I will be out of the Hospital maybe on Monday. They've also told me varying times as far as when I'll return to the field. It could take anywhere from 2 weeks to a month before they'll clear me to go. So once I'm out of the hospital I'm actually gonna just go home until I'm cleared, because I've finished my time at the MTC. Once I'm cleared, I'll head directly to the Fijian islands.

It's been a long week for me. I was in pain all week and now recovering from surgery is almost even more painful. But I'm getting better! Everyday I get a little bit better and feel a little less pain. I'm grateful that this happened here in the US rather than out on some random Fijian island where who knows what the Health Care is like.

I'd just like to thank all of you that reached out. I've had countless people extend their good wishes and offer to help whether it's family members, friends, missionaries, or even just random families through my mom's Facebook posts. Thank you! It means so much to know that so many people care about me and are wishing me well. I can FEEL your prayers strengthening me. I will continue to have Faith that the Lord has a plan for me and I'll keep waiting to see what that is. I know that as I press forward and trust in the Lord, that everything will turn out ok. I love you all, and hope that everything is going well!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment