Wednesday, March 30, 2016

NABUA - Week 9

Papitaiso
Bula Vinaka!!

This week was amazing!! I guess I might as well say it right away - We had our baptisms! They're names are Samu & Nanise. They are an old couple that live a 1-hour walk into the forest... Alone. And they are the best people ever.

This whole past weekend has just filled with light and the spirit. This couple was so ready for baptism. It felt so so good to see them get into the water knowing that they were truly ready. With the Easter weekend and the baptism, I have felt so much appreciation for this gospel and our savior Jesus Christ. 

Here in Fiji, Easter weekend lasts Friday through Monday. Some of you may have noticed that I'm emailing a day late. All the stores were closed yesterday for P-day so I wasn't able to email. Easter weekend was amazing! I dunno, I guess being a missionary just gives you a whole new appreciation on the Savior's life. I feel so blessed! 

There's not many other noteworthy things to report besides a couple random things. 1- I developed a sty in my eye. Super gross, I don't recommend it. I had about 20 Fijians tell me of different ways to heal it. 2- I LOST MY CAMERA. I am so bummed. Luckily I've been pretty good at uploading pictures so that's ok, but I lost all of my videos. Lots of fun memories gone. But all is well, stuff happens, eh?

Ok, well thank you for reading my letter this week! Obviously with Easter weekend just passing us by I would like to reiterate my appreciation for the Savior. Because of Him, I am happy. I have hope. I have an eternal life with my family to look forward to. I am ever in his debt! If you haven't yet, I encourage you to go to this website:
https://www.mormon.org/easter/hallelujah
Find new ways to serve the Savior! Think of Him and His sacrifice every day. Easter is just a REMINDER for us to think of Christ ALL the time.

I love you all so much! I hope all is well! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni na noqu matavuvale!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller

Baptism of Samu & Nanise
The baptism!
"Dr. Samu" working some Fijian remedies on my eye

Samu & Nani
Our branch president (left) and new baptism



No comments:

Post a Comment