Monday, April 11, 2016

NABUA - Week 11

National Virus
Bula Vinaka!

Hello again! Another week has come and gone already! I suffered through a LOT to get here this morning so you better appreciate my email! Haha. Just kidding. But I do kinda want to tell you about the morning I had.

So the village I live in is pretty deep into the jungles of Fiji. So as can be expected, the bus system isn't exactly the most reliable. We take a bus into the city every P-Day morning, which is Monday. The bus usually arrives at the village at 7, so we usually get up at around 5:30 just in case and go wait for it at 6:30. Well, I was a little slow getting up this morning, and by that I mean I got up at 6:20. So I start getting ready and right at 6:30 we hear the bus rolling into the village. We FREAK OUT. I hurry and throw my clothes on and put everything I could see in a bag and book it out to the bus. As we were running to the bus I realized that I didn't have a tie on, but it was too late. There was no time. So we barely make it to the bus as it's driving away. We finally get onto the bus, having made a fool of ourselves of the whole village. 

But that's not all! There's more. As can also be expected, the buses aren't exactly the nicest, newest, or best running buses in the world. So here I was, sitting on the 2.5 hour bumpy bus ride trying to fall asleep. Then just as I'm almost out: *CHING CHING CHING CHING*. The bus makes this way loud rattling sound. It starts to slow down and then come to a stop. The bus driver kept trying to shove it into gear but it just wouldn't do anything. Ugggghh. Haha. My companion was a mechanic before the mission so he hops out to see what's wrong. It literally took him no longer than 30 seconds before he looked up at me and said, "Yeah... This bus isn't going ANYWHERE anytime soon." A rock had blown a hole in the transmission, so all of the transmission fluid had leaked out. So my companion and I walked for an hour before some other missionaries were finally able to come pick us up. Haha.

So yeah, that's what I did this morning. Haha. It was fun. But ANYWAYS, it's been a great week! We had Zone Conference on the other side of the island this week, where we all get together and have a training from our Mission President. It was amazing. I always come away from those feeling ready to try to convert anyone in the world. Haha.

Other than that, not super eventful week! A couple random things. For one, the ENTIRE NATION OF FIJI HAS PINK EYE. Gosh, it's ridiculous. They said it happens a lot after a cyclone, some sickness just spreads around. So I've been dealing with that this week. And then we got to watch General Conference! The sent the dvd's here to Fiji so we were able to watch it. It was awesome! Shout-out to Fiji! Haha. 

Ok well, I hope all is well! Shoot me an email to say hi! I love you all! That's about all for me! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

- Elder Jaxson Miller

Taveuni Zone Conference
My District
 A helicopter swoopin' in. This is like a once in a lifetime occurrence for Fijians

General Conference surround sound 

No comments:

Post a Comment