Monday, April 25, 2016

NABUA - Week 13

New companion!
Bula vinaka!

Thank you for tuning in to Fiji Suva Mission FM, this is Elder Miller, your host. There've been a few changes since the last program! So this past week was transfer week, meaning we received a call on Tuesday to find out whether or not either me or my companion would be transferred to another area. And........*drum roll*........... I'm staying! But my companion got transferred out and I got a new companion! I was way sad when we found out that Elder McLean would be leaving me. But way stoked when I found out who would replace him!

My new companion's name is Elder Levasa. We actually are in the same intake, which means that we were in the MTC together and came to Fiji at the same time! I was way excited when I heard we'd serve together! It's not very often that our Mission President puts people that are in the same intake together, so I was surprised. But it's gonna be way fun. His family is from Samoa but he was raised in New Zealand, and then moved to Australia a couple years before he left on his mission. He's 20 years old and is WAYY musical. Amazing at guitar, piano, and singing. He's great!

Because of transfer week this week it has been pretty hectic. We had to travel a long ways to get to the airport and back to our area. But when Elder Levasa and I finally got settled it felt so nice. Our area is one the most "bush" in the whole mission, and Elder Levasa is what you would call a "city Elder". So it has been a huge adjustment for him. Haha. He went from being in the dead center of Suva, the capital city, to having no light, fridge, fans, or warm water. It's been fun helping him adjust. Haha!

As far as the work, it's moving! We have a baptism planned for this Saturday! A 13 year-old girl that is SO ready. It's been just so fun teaching her. She's so smart, and remembers pretty much every little thing we teach her. She's excited to be baptized. We actually had a little scare! So yesterday she came to church kinda sad, and told us that her parents called (who live on a different island while the little girl lives with her grandparents near us) and told her that she'd be moving back to them on this Thursday. So the baptism was cancelled. I was SO disappointed. But then this morning she came running to our house and told us that she called her parents and told them she didn't want to go. So they cancelled that, and the baptism is back on! Isn't she just great?!

For a spiritual thought this week I would just like to emphasize the importance of the Book of Mormon. As the Prophet Joseph Smith said "The Book of Mormon is the most correct of any book on earth, and the keystone of our religion, and a man would get nearer to God by abiding by its precepts, than by any other book." I would just like to testify that it truly is the word of God. Since I've been on my mission, reading the Book of Mormon has become the time I most look forward to in my day. I have grown to LOVE the Book of Mormon. Do you have a firm testimony of it's truth? If not, READ IT and ask God for a testimony! If yes, then READ IT AGAIN because I promise you will learn more each time you read it! It's such an amazing book!

Ok, well thank you so much again for tuning in to ElderMiller.FM! That concludes this week's installation. Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller

No pictures this week. Jaxson should have a new camera we sent him soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment