Monday, April 18, 2016

NABUA - Week 12

When in Fiji

Bula Vinaka!
Well hello everyone! Another week has come and gone. Unfortunately due to a stomach virus, it wasn't a very eventful one. But I'll update you on what I can!

So like I said, this week I got pretty sick. It kinda started on Wednesday, hit me hard on Thursday and Friday, I felt great on Saturday, then all of the sudden came back on Sunday, yesterday. Gosh it's no fun being sick. Even more so as a missionary because you just imagine all the times you were sick back home, with mommy there to take care of you. Thank you momma! Haha. But I'm doing better today! So let's hope I'm back to 100% so I can battle Satan full-time again.

Also, this week has been RAINY. Gosh I feel like I haven't seen the sun in forever. Saturday and Sunday there were actually really strong winds, I think we got hit by a smaller cyclone. As a result, our village ran out of water. Haha. We think the pipe got clogged or something up in the mountains where the village water tank is. So we went without water all day Sunday. There were also tons of mudslides after the rain. One actually blocked the road just past our village, so no buses were able to drive on it. We had to call some missionaries to come pick us up from the other direction just so we could come into Savusavu today. The things we sacrifice to email you! Haha.

On a positive note, we met a new way cool 16 year-old kid! Really promising investigator. He walked with us all the way to the middle of the forest where the old couple lives that just got baptized. We shared the message of the Restoration, and he loved it! He told us he'd come to church, but never ended up showing up. So... we'll work on that. But he's awesome. 

This week I've been thinking a lot about the Priesthood and my responsibility as a holder. We have been given the authority to act in God's name and use His power. This is a MASSIVE responsibility. All you Elders and High Priests and even priests or teachers or deacons reading this, USE THE PRIESTHOOD. When used righteously, it can heal the sick, give comfort to those who need comfort, and provide the saving ordinance of the sacrament to willing souls. Never forget the power we hold!

Ok. Well that's all for me. I love you all so much! Thank you so much for writing me and encouraging me! Even if I can't get around to personally responding, know that it is appreciated and that I love you! Well, until next week.... Stay strong!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller 

The church gave a water tank to a village in need and this was the little meeting we had the day it was given
Getting to Samu & Nani's house
Bikin' through the flood!


No comments:

Post a Comment