Monday, October 17, 2016

KADAVU - Week 14

Long-term Miracles!
Bula vinaka!
Hey everyone! It's been a great week! The weather has been pretty random, some days blazing hot while some days it's pouring rain. But it's been a lot of fun, hard work! Having a new missionary as a companion is a whole new experience, but I like it! We're having a blast out here.

Unfortunately, I've had a few embarrassing stories recently... Haha. We were playing volleyball one day, and some dude on the other team hit it way far. It looked like it was way out of bounds to me so I took off sprinting so it wouldn't go into the bushes. I looked up again as I was sprinting and to my horror I realized that the ball was falling in-bounds behind my back. As I tried to turn around, I totally biffed it and fell into the bushes, and the ball landed with a soft thud in-bounds. Gosh dang it, the ENTIRE village laughed at me. I also just yesterday came walking out of my flat and then somehow a hole in the ground magically appeared in the perfect spot to trip me up and I completely face planted. Literally, there was grass in my mouth. Uggh.

I've also been learning a lot about miracles on my mission. I love this quote by Elder Boyd K. Packer: 
"Some people think a miracle is only a miracle if it happens instantaneously, but miracles can grow slowly and patience and faith can compel things to happen that otherwise never would have come to pass."
I know this to be true. As we've been working our hardest to bring the gospel to all the world, we keep witnessing these kinds of miracles. Not the "parting of the Red Sea" type, but miracles all the same. 

Well that's about it! I love you all so much! Have a good week! And until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller

Talatala

Bedbugs





No comments:

Post a Comment