Wednesday, October 26, 2016

KADAVU - Week 15

Tracting
Bula Vinaka everyone!

It's been a BEAUTIFUL week out here on Kadavu! It's been sunny and amazing! Super hot during the day but the evenings are just perfect. We're just going into summer now so it's going to start to get BLAZING. So think of me sweating bullets while you guys go sledding this winter!

Like my topic line suggests, we have been doing a lot of finding lately! Going to random people's houses, as the Spirit leads. To be honest, there hasn't been a whole lot of success. It seems like every other door we stop at happens to be the big preacher of some church. It turns out to be a lot of THEM trying to teach US. It's hard. But there is still no other work more gratifying. At the end of the day, even if you really had no success, you still feel the approval of God. And that's all that really matters, right? I love being a missionary!

I just want to give a shout out to my brother, Happy Birthday Bailey! His birthday was on Saturday.  That night we were invited to an Indian family's house for their 2 year-old girl's birthday party. We went over and had some WAY nice food. A mixture of Fijian and Indian foods. It was nice to celebrate 2 birthdays at once!

We also met this random German lady named Suzie staying at a bed & breakfast here. We talked for a bit and then this conversation took place:
Suzie: "So did you guys choose to come preach in Fiji?"
Me: "Well actually, we just volunteer to become a missionary and our Prophet sends us a letter telling us where in the world we're going."
Suzie: "How does your Prophet decide where to send you?"
Me: "Well... He just sends us where God wants us to be I guess!"
Suzie: "Oh ok! I would believe in God too if he sent me to Fiji!"

Haha, I got a pretty good laugh. But then I realized that I really am blessed!! Sometimes, while we're taking 45 min. to 4 hour hikes to investigators' houses, I just stop and take a look around and it just hits me. I am in the middle of a tropical jungle! My house is a 1 minute walk from the beach! Everywhere I go looks like it's straight off of a postcard - and I'm on my MISSION! I love Fiji with all of my heart. The people are the kindest you'll ever meet. The language is beautiful to hear. And the faith of the members is off the charts. I LOVE Fiji.

Well that's about it for this week! I love you all! As always, until next week, Keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder J. Jeremy Miller




No comments:

Post a Comment