Monday, March 27, 2017

NAVATAUYABA - Week 13

Transfer Week
Bula Vinaka Everyone!
It's time for another update to the good ol' blog! Yet another week has come and gone! It's been a beautiful one here in Fiji. Sometimes blistering hot, but lots of the time there was a bit of cloud cover and a nice breeze... I love these islands.

So this past week was transfer week! All three companionships in our district had been together for 3 months, so we pretty much knew for sure that 1 from each area would get transferred away. We decided to do a Lovo (eath-oven meal) to part ways. Our neighbors helped us out. We had the Lovo on the day that transfers are called out. It was a blast. I've grown so close to these other 5 elders, so it was hard knowing we were parting ways. 

Then the transfer calls came! And it turns out that I stayed here in Navatuyaba! Transfer calls were on Tuesday, and the transfer took place on Friday. My companion Elder Tupe left. It was an awesome 3 months with that guy, I'm gonna miss him. My new companion's name is Elder Howard. We were actually in the MTC together, and came together to Fiji (we call it 'same intake')! He's a whopping 6' 6". Plays volleyball and football. He's from California, near Los Angeles. It should be way fun having him as a companion! 

As we get ready for General Conference soon, I'd just like to issue a challenge to you all. I'd like to invite you to think of a question or two that you have. It can be about ANYTHING. Home, school, work, a doctrine question... Anything. Pray intently about this question, and then watch General Conference. I promise that it will be answered. If you don't believe me, try me!! These men are literally chosen from God. How blessed we are to be able to receive some of their wisdom this coming weekend!

Well that's about it for this week! All is going well. I love you all! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!


-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller
Me and Elder Howard!
The Lovo (earth oven)

E. Christensen & E. Kumar 

E. Hariprasad, from India

Niko



The final product. Roast chicken, potato salad, and a bunch of other stuff that you guys have probably never heard of before




No comments:

Post a Comment