Sunday, December 13, 2015

LAMI - Week 9

Week 9 in the Books
Ni sa bula vinaka!

Another week come and gone! Time honestly moves so fast. This coming week is Transfer Week, where I find out if I'm going to stay here in Lami or head off to somewhere else! It happens every 6 weeks. I can't believe it's been 6 weeks since the last transfer week! I'm definitely torn on whether I'm hoping for a transfer or not. I want to see as much of Fiji as I can... But I would be sad to leave the people I've met here! We'll see where the Lord wants me I guess.

A pretty normal week this week! Hard-working, fun, hot, and humid. We had another baptism this last week! It went great, except for one detail: nobody showed up. It was us missionaries, the bishop, and the person getting baptized. It was sad at first, but then I realized that it's ok! My bishop reminded us that at Christ's baptism, it was only Him and John the Baptist. It's the ordinance you're doing that really matters, and the fact that you're taking the first step to receiving eternal life. So it went well, and he was way excited to be baptized!

This week we also had ZTM, or Zone Training Meeting again. It happens usually once a month, where all the missionaries in the Zone come together. It was awesome! Way spiritual and I learned a ton. But my favorite part was afterwards, we had a Suva North Zone Talent Show. It was SO fun. All the different companionships and districts performed something. They were all so funny. One missionary showed his "hidden talent" of makeup. Put it on his companion. Haha. My companion and I sang "Love is an Open Door" from Frozen together while I played guitar. It was way cute. Other companionships did a Magic show, and Dance moves school, and sang. It was such a blast!

I don't have much more to share about this week except for this last story.  It's about a man named Apisalome. He got baptized about 10(?) years ago. He told us he felt amazing and thought it was the true church, until he learned about the Word of Wisdom. He opened up to me saying that he just didn't feel the blessings from keeping it and fell away from the church. Up to this point I hadn't really ever taught the whole Word of Wisdom in Fijian because my companion would usually do it. But I was with a member from the ward on splits that was SUPER shy so I kinda had to take it on myself. I don't even remember what I said, but the Spirit definitely took over. I was able to teach him and by the end I could see a change in him. The Spirit was so strong in the room. At the end he bore his testimony to me that he knows what I said is true and that he is going to try his best to keep the Word of Wisdom and start coming back to church. I was so excited!! He didn't come to church yesterday.. but we'll work on that. Haha. Experiences like this have helped me so much on my mission!

I think this will be my shortest letter home yet. Haha, it's still a novel. But just know that I love this work! I love this gospel, and all that it gives me, my family, and the families of Fiji! I just want to remind you guys to remember the reason we celebrate Christmas. Help someone in need this season! I love you all so much. Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Miller

The path to an investigator's house
A Fijian home
A fruit called Kavika. It's way good! Kind of a mix between an apple and a pear
Baptism of Bulivou! 16 years old, way excited
A nice view from the top of Lami Koro
Bale, Josefa and Junior 
A Fijian Meke (Navua Christmas party)
We ULTRA cleaned our flat for inspections this week...passed with flying colors! Haha


No comments:

Post a Comment