Monday, June 13, 2016

NABUA - Week 20

To Bring the World His Truth
Bula Vinaka!

Hello again! This past week good! It was definitely one of the harder weeks of my mission. But that's what makes it so great. You go through a tough few weeks that really test your endurance and faith, but when you come out of it, you're all the stronger!

The main reason why this week was tough was the fact that we couldn't find very many people to teach. I don't know what happened but all of the sudden everyone decided to be too busy to let us teach them. Haha. We'd spend whole days in villages and get only a couple lessons. It's super disappointing sometimes to know you worked as hard as you could, and not see any results in your numbers. But again, as long as you just have a good attitude about everything, it doesn't matter what comes! 

Some good news is that we have a some people people progressing towards baptism! They should be ready next month. They're awesome and we'll keep working our hardest to make sure they're ready to enter the waters. 

Some more good news is that our District is really getting along! We are so close. It's a blast to be around them. On P-Days we play rugby, soccer, volleyball, ping pong, and anything else we can think of. And it's that kind of bond where you go 100% competitive mode while playing and still have a BLAST. There's 1 missionary from Samoa, 1 from Marshall Islands, 4 from the US, 2 from New Zealand, 1 from Kiribati, and 1 from Hawaii. I've been able to meet so many new people from all over the world on my mission and have formed awesome friendships. Missions bless you in more ways than just spiritually!

This week I've been thinking a lot about the power of the scriptures. I've left mine in Savusavu for 2 weeks so I've been ACHING to read them. I've only been able to use my companion's when he's not. It made me realize just how much they really mean to me, and how important they are in our lives. PLEASE never forget the power of the scriptures, especially the Book of Mormon. If you don't have a good habit of reading every single day, adjust and make it a habit! Even if only for 5-10 minutes! Make personal goals and set a time you're going to review them and see how you're doing! It will bless you IMMENSELY.

Ok well that's about it for this week! Thanks again for turning in! I hope you all are happy and staying strong in the gospel! Feel free to email me if you have questions or just want to say hi! I love you all! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller








Trying to be artsy....

A nice pathway to an investigator's house
Getting ready to weave a mat






I spy with my little eye ... a fijian 
List of investigators and rough plan for the week
I always have your guys' picture up!




No comments:

Post a Comment