Sunday, June 26, 2016

NABUA - Week 22

National Sports Day
Bula Vinaka!
It's been another great week here on the mission! Today I only have a few minutes to email though so this'll be quick, I'm sorry! We're just about to leave to Labasa, on the other side of the island for a combined Zone p-day, and for Zone Conference with the Mission President. But I'm keeping to the promise that I will never miss another week of emailing my family. And thanks for all the birthday wishes!! It means so much to me. If I don't get the chance to respond this week, I will for sure next week!!

One cool thing that happened this week was National Sports Day. The entire nation gets out of school just to play sports. Elementary schools play rugby and netball against each other, high schools play all sorts of sports against each other, and even the army/police/wardens/government officials have a tournament that's televised! It was a blast! In my area literally every member of every village went to this one field where all the elementary schools have a massive tournament. And HOLY COW do they take rugby seriously. It's literally 3-4th graders smashing each other and the parents going crazy. Haha. But it was a good weekend for us because in all 3 age groups for Netball and for the oldest age group in Rugby, Nabua Primary School won:). So we've been bragging to all our investigators in the other villages. 

Another neat thing that happened this week was the combined church service, with all the villages around us, and all denominations. And guess what. They asked US, the missionaries, to give the sermon. So we preached inside a methodist synagogue (or whatever it's called in english)! We didn't tell each other what we were going to speak about, but we both spoke about ways we can all become more Christ-like! It went great, and it was a good experience. The mission is a crazy thing, where they put us 18-21 year olds in the same group as the old preachers that have studied the bible their whole lives. The Lord really does qualify those called to the work!

This week I've been thinking a lot about families. The Family: A Proclamation to the World is an amazing tool in reminding you what your specific role is in your family. Read it again and try to apply its principles to your home!

Well, that's about it for this week! I'm sorry that I'm short on time and that I forgot my camera... I love you all! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!

-Elder Miller

{No pictures this week. The above picture is Elder Jaxson Miller at the Salt Lake temple before he left for Fiji} 

No comments:

Post a Comment