Monday, August 8, 2016

KADAVU - Week 4

Where in the World is Elder Miller? 
WE FOUND HIM! 


"Hello from the Other Side!"
Bula Vinaka! 
Wow it feels like it's been so long since I've written for this blog! I'm sorry! It's SO hard to find internet on this island. But I'll update you a bit on what's been happenin' in the life of Elder Miller! (I only have a few minutes so I have to go as fast as I can)

So as you know, I got transferred to Kadavu, where it is only my companion and I and our area includes 4 different islands. There are members spread out all over the island. We spent the first couple days in the main village, Vunisea. But then we took a fibre-glass outboard motor boat to the other side of the island to a village called Yavulu where there is a Unit of the church. We spent 2 weeks there, teaching as MUCH as we could in what time we had. We also got to baptize 4 people!! Their names are Joji, Jone, Mere, and Loata. They're all 14-17 years old, and way fun. The baptism was amazing! We just went to a little river in the jungle/forest/whatever it's called and baptized them! Hopefully I'll be able to upload pictures someday soon! Unfortunately I won't be able to today. But rest assured, this place is BEAUTIFUL!

But now we're back in Vunisea. It has been raining, raining, raining, all day every day for the past week, and doesn't look like it will end any time soon. But I love rain so it's ok. The work here on this side of the island isn't moving super quick, so we're working our hardest to find people to teach. We had an attendance of FOUR people at sacrament meeting this week, including us. It was a little disheartening, but it kinda just kindled the fire that we have to spread the gospel, so we can fill that chapel! 

As for how I'm doing. Haha. I am doing so so good. Kadavu is so beautiful. There are tons of parrots! Way pretty colors. They fly around everywhere, sqwaking. The water is an amazing light blue. The people are so friendly. I am absolutely in love with this place, and with life in general!

Thanks for all the love and emails! I love you guys so much! I'm sorry if I'm unable to email you personally, as you know, internet is very limited. But I'll do my best. Anyways, that's about it! So until next week, keep on keeping on!
Au lomani kemuni! 

-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller





I googled for pictures of Kavala / Yavulu, and this is what I got:

Kavala Bay! Photo Credit: Cyndi and Rich 
"Dark Nights"  The skies black. Photo Credit: Cyndi and Rich
"View looking West across Kavala Bay towards Kavala Village" Photo Credit: Jeremy Schierer
Kavala Bay (for Reals Jaxson???). Photo Credit: Nancy Thompson Mahler
Crimson shining parrot

Collared Iory

No comments:

Post a Comment