Sunday, August 28, 2016

KADAVU - Week 7

Bound for the City!

Bula vinaka!
It's been another amazing week here in Kadavu! I'm writing this while waiting for my plane today, we'll be flying back to the main island for a few days for Zone Conference! So this'll be quick!

We had another week of trying to find people to teach! Still not a lot of success, but we'll keep going! We're opening up a unit of the church about an hour and a half walk away from the chapel, so we're hoping people will start going to that! There's also talks for us to get a truck in Kadavu! I'm so so so excited if it works out, since I haven't driven since I left the states!

This week we had an interesting run-in with a drunk... So we were just walking one day when a man called us over to him. It was obvious that he was drinking with a friend, so we just said hi and went to keep walking. Then he ran over to us. He grabbed my hand and shoved a beer towards it and said, "Take a drink brother." After I respectfully said thanks but no thanks, he said, "No, you can't say no to me brother, TAKE A DRINK." After I declined again he got really angry and asked, "Why are you here in Fiji?" I responded, "To preach the gospel of Jesus Christ." He then tried to argue with me saying that if I didn't drink, then I couldn't preach the gospel. He said that as soon as I took a drink, he would go to church. I laughed SO hard. I couldn't hold it in. His friend had smirk on his face too. I've never heard such a bogus argument. He said that if I drank, THEN I would qualify to preach the gospel. So after he went on and on FOREVER we finally kept walking. Oh boy, the things that Satan puts in the minds of people. Don't worry, my testimony got all the stronger from it!

Alright that's about it! Love you all! Keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!


-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller

No comments:

Post a Comment