Monday, August 22, 2016

KADAVU - Week 6


Rain rain rain!
Bula Vinaka!
It's me again! And holy cow has it been rainy. It feels like it's rained all day, every day this month, save 2-3 days. It's crazy. We have to hike pretty far to get to investigators houses, so we've been slippin' and slidin' everywhere in the mud! But I can proudly say that I've only fallen on my butt ONCE. Haha. 

The work is picking up! It's definitely not on fire, and we don't have tons of people to teach. But as we're working our hardest every day to find people to teach, we can definitely see the Lord's hand in helping us find people! Thank you for your prayers and your thoughts about me, I can literally feel them and it keeps us going! Thank you!

Today is a National holiday in Fiji! It's in honor of Fiji's first ever Olympic medal, and it happens to have been a Gold. This year is the first year that Rugby was featured as an Olympic sport, and Fiji won! So the Prime Minister declared a public holiday. Everyone is going crazy. Everyone's wearing blue, there's music playing everywhere, and there's a festival thing going on at the high school here in Kadavu! I can't even imagine what the celebrations are like in Suva. Haha. Go Fiji!! (And USA for winning the medal count... Haha)

For a spiritual thought today I want to share about the Book of Mormon. It has been so useful in bringing people to the truth on mission because it is just that - the truth! But you can't know that if you don't continually read it! So.... Read it! Again! If you read it with true intent, it well NEVER lose it's power. I promise. 

Well... That's about all I can think of for now! I hope you're all doing well! I love you all so much! Keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni!


-Elder Jaxson Jeremy Miller
A Fijian-style dinner




Some of Yavulu village

The chapel in Yavulu (a room in someone's house)


No comments:

Post a Comment