Sunday, June 18, 2017

SUVA - Week 7

Last Transfer!
Bula Vinaka Everyone!
First of all, HAPPY FATHER'S DAY! Shout out to all you father's out there! Hope you have a good day!

Well, it's been a pretty hectic week! But all went well. It was transfer week last week, and it was one of the biggest transfers I've ever seen! It involved so many areas in the mission. A lot of logistics to figure out! Haha. And on top of it all, my companion finished his mission, so I was kind of left to figure it all out! It was a little stressful, but we made it just fine. Now I begin the last transfer period of my mission! Just about 6 weeks left here in Fiji! Time has gone by WAY too fast. Missions are the best thing ever. 

So yeah, now I have a new companion! His name is Elder Roberts. He is originally from New Zealand, but has grown up in Sydney, Australia. He's the same age as me. He LOVES basketball. We're way excited to ball it up during P-Day today. Haha. We haven't really served around each other too much during our missions so I'm stoked to get to know him more here in Suva. He's going to be my last companion! We are gonna have a blast. 

The work is still poppin' here in Suva! We're working as hard as we can to find EVERYONE that is ready to receive us. I'm way motivated to just smash it all the way to the end! We're supposed to have 2 more baptisms this weekend! 2 AMAZING ladies that have the strongest testimony. They have such a strong desire to join this church. They both come from broken families, so this message is giving them hope and peace to their lives. They're both in their 30's. We're seeing them pretty much every day to get them ready for their baptism. I'm excited for their baptism! And for the rest of my time here on the mission, I hope to go as hard as I can. 

The past few days we have taught about temples a lot! It's a such a blessing to have the holy houses all around us. I've been thinking a lot about family history work. It's an important work for us to do! With our busy lives, if we dedicate but a small amount of time to family history work, we will be blessed immensely. Sundays are a good day to dedicate 30 minutes to an hour to finding family names and indexing. Do all you can, and you will feel the spirit of Elijah grow in your hearts! The Lord will also bless with the Holy Ghost as you focus more on the temple and doing this marvelous work. 

Thanks again for reading my update everyone! Shout out to Elder Andrew Lewis, who just recently got his mission call! Good luck bro!! Love you all! Until next week, keep on keepin' on!
Au lomani kemuni kece!

-Elder Jaxson JEREMY Miller 


P.S. Love you Dad!

1 comment:

  1. Jackson!!!! This is Kai! I miss you like crazy and I can't freaking wait for you to come back!! Keep doing what you're doing! The fam misses Elder Miller

    ReplyDelete